Generative AI: Unleashing the Power of Open Data
Explore the potential of Generative AI in conjunction with Open Data to empower communities and foster positive social impact. This challenge invites participants to leverage Generative AI models to analyse and derive insights from Open Data sourced from government datasets. By combining the power of Generative AI with the wealth of Open Data available, participants can create innovative solutions that address real-world challenges and benefit communities.
This challenge calls upon participants to harness the capabilities of Generative AI models in conjunction with Open Data for societal enrichment. Generative AI, powered by advanced language models, has demonstrated its ability to process and generate human-like text, making it a promising tool for data analysis and natural language understanding.
In this challenge, participants will delve into open government datasets, extracting valuable insights through Generative AI-driven analysis. The datasets provided will cover diverse domains, enabling teams to choose datasets that align with their interests and expertise.
1. Ethical Use of Generative AI: Participants should prioritise ethical considerations while leveraging Generative AI models. Solutions that promote inclusivity, transparency, and accountability will be highly valued.
2. Data Privacy and Protection: Respect the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and sensitive information present in the Open Data. Implement appropriate measures to ensure data protection and anonymity where applicable.
3. Copyright and Attribution: Adhere to copyright laws and respect intellectual property rights when using external data sources. Proper referencing and attribution of datasets and AI tools are mandatory.
4. Community Benefit: Emphasise the potential positive impact of the proposed solutions on communities. Projects that address real-world challenges and contribute to community welfare will be recognised.
• Participants should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Generative AI and its applications in analysing Open Data.
• Properly reference the Generative AI models and tools used, along with the sources of Open Data employed.
• All projects should be the original work of the participants, showcasing thoughtful and innovative solutions.
Participants are encouraged to be mindful of the ethical considerations surrounding AI use and data privacy throughout their projects. Solutions should prioritise inclusivity, fairness, and transparency while addressing potential risks associated with automated decision-making algorithms.
Join the challenge to contribute to the advancement of Generative AI and its potential to drive positive change in communities through the analysis of Open Data. Together, let's explore how Generative AI can transform data-driven insights into actionable solutions for societal benefit.
Image credit: Matt Watt CC BY 4.0.
Eligibility: Ethical use of a generative AI in your project and at least one Australian or New Zealand data set.
Entry: Challenge entry is available to all teams in Australia.